Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Manic Monday: Heat

Air conditioning is a gift. I don't know what I would do without it. So my previous comments about technology and simpler times? The one where I mentioned I don't know what I would do without my iphone? I have to add air conditioning to that list of things I wouldn't want to be without. It was H.O.T. But then, I don't think I'm sharing anything that anyone reading this wouldn't already know.

I enjoy Saturdays because it's the day the bf and I spend together. I like to do things outside- especially in the summertime. This weekend, I was hoping we would take the dog on a hike. Really looking forward to that and to possibly making it to the tennis courts for a game since we haven't played in a while.

We quickly amended our plans upon stepping outside. I grew up in Miami and for some reason, I couldn't remember it ever being that hot down there. The heat fried my brain because that can't be, can it?!

So we had the bright idea of going to see a matinee. It was such a good idea. So good, everyone else had the same thought: the movie was sold out. Ever adaptable, we decided to have a True Blood marathon instead and went home for Season 1. The bf never saw it and I won't pass up True Blood. So I made some white sangria (yum), he grilled a pizza (even yummier), and we enjoyed vampires in ac.

It was a great day.

Hopefully, we can go on that hike next weekend!

Happy Monday!
-M

PS I haven't seen season 1 in a while. Eric looks soo much better now. xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment