Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Manic Monday: Confessions

I have a confession to make and I hope you don't hold it against me. I love Pitbull. Yes, Mr. Worldwide. Maybe it's the fact that his songs and collaborations have a good beat. Or that every time I hear his Spanglish, it makes me smile and reminisce about growing up in Miami; makes me think of being surrounded by family and Cuban food. Yummy croquettas, media noches, pastelitos, and cortaditos. Mmmm... I'm not sure, but there...it's out!

South Beach


And since I'm throwing that out there, I might as well add that I am fascinated by Russell Brand.

It feels good to come clean!

Happy Monday!
-M


On the same page....

I love when Michele and I don't talk about what we're going to blog about, but then have such similar thoughts...it always makes me smile and love our friendship even more.

I too love Russell Brand, a secret I've been harbouring...I even like him in Bunny form (the movie "Hop"). 

And Croquettes!  Funny enough, my father-in-law gets a mystery subcription to "Latina" magazine so he gives me the issue whenever it arrives...and I'm such a magazine junkie that I totally look forward to reading it.  This weekend he brought the August 2011 issue and inside was a recipe for Potato Croquettes & Slow-Roasted Pork Shoulder.  Just as Michele was reminiscing about our Miami upbringing this weekend, I was too as I read Latina.

Finally, I confess that Saturday night as we hung out at our friends house with all our kids (ages 2-10) all the adults, including myself, knew way too much about Selina Gomez & The Disney Channel.  I think we all watch The Wizards of Waverly Place more than we'd like to admit.

Enjoy your guilty pleasures this week!!!

Elena


No comments:

Post a Comment