Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Working It Out Wednesday: Picnic

"Mom, why don't you blog about E's picnic today." my 10 year old son suggested.  At first, I thought it was a nice idea simply because he was thinking of his younger brother, but then I thought, "Sure, why not" because it incorporates reading & summer, two themes I wanted to touch upon today.

Today marks the official start of our Summer Giveaways!  We've created a separate page for this special event, Ta-Da!!!.  We encourage you to participate in the giveaways and become a fan of our blog if you haven't already.

In celebration of the last week of school, my 8 year-old son's class is walking to a nearby park and having a picnic today.  Parents will also attend and were asked to bring a book to read with their child while picnicking.   It made me think about some of the books I loved to read as a kid and one I'd like to re-read just for the fun of it is James and the Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl.  My kids love the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney and the Dear Dumb Diary series by Jim Benton as well.  Although neither one has ever picked up James and the Giant Peach, I'm delighted that they've found several book series they love to read.

The weather is supposed to be amazingly hot today (heat index of 100 degrees) so we'll try to find a shady spot at the park to eat and read under.  I know my son's very excited about having me and his 2 year-old brother join him for lunch today, and I'm looking forward to it as well. 

Find a happy place to read, enjoy the summer fruit that's now available (I will be packing some in our picnic basket), and be sure to enter our giveaway contest.

Wishing all a Wonderful Wednesday,

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment