Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Manic Monday: Great Book, Great TV

I stayed indoors all weekend and today I feel like getting out.

Over the weekend I became consumed by a great book that I just finished reading early this morning.

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey is worth the read.  It's a YA Paranormal about a 17 year old girl that brings her dead boyfriend back to life.  Very haunting and romantic and just so utterly consuming.

I also now understand how epic it was for Derek Jeter to reach 3000 hits this season.  Okay, so it happened, as many of us already know, and I knew it happened and thought, "Oh that's great." But we watched (twice) the HBO documentary Derek Jeter 3K and the line alone that states how 18,000 men have played baseball but only 30 of them have reached 3000 hits puts it all in perspective.  Wow!  And a home run hit no less!

The kids were inspired by his story and by seeing how a Yankee player can also experience highs, lows, injuries, and bumps back to the minor leagues along the MLB path.

I've never been a baseball fan but watching my own boys play little league ball, and playing it so well (!) has made me a big baseball fan (I even watched several Philly games this weekend on TV too)!

As I said earlier, though, enough reading & TV watching has me wanting to get OUT now so that's where I'll be this week - outside while the weather is still nice.

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment