Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Manic Mondays: School!!!!

First day of school for my two older boys (ages 10 & 8).  It's always with mixed emotions that I watch them board the bus:
  • Regret, for not having done everything I wanted to do with them over the summer. 
  • Elation, for not having to listen to them quarrel anymore (during the day). 
  • Sadness, because they're growing up and I can't stop the clock.
  • Determination, because now I can buckle down and focus on my own schedule & not theirs.
  • Relief, because I don't have to cook "hot food" anymore for lunch for my middle-son.  I'm content with fruit & yogurt, or a sandwich - but he's not.  He likes a hot meal at noon.
  • Happiness, because I can surprise them after school with homemade cookies for their 1st day!
These are just a few of the emotions I'm feeling right now.  We had a great summer - fun & relaxing.  The kids are ready for school again too.  They miss seeing their friends.

Happy "Back-to-School" Monday!!!

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment